The last couple of weeks I’ve been dealing with an extremely
shitty challenging work assignment. While I don’t want to bore you all to tears with my litany of job related complaints (I gave serious consideration [not really] to titling this post OMG My Job F-ing SUXX!!! before I remembered that whiners are assholes), but I do want to point out some parallels I’ve notice between myself as an employee and myself as a sex/love addict. I…
1. Am completely at a loss when it comes to setting appropriate boundaries.
2. Always settle for crumbs.
3. Am never “right sized.” I’m either too good or not good enough for a man and/or a job.
4. Go after shit I don’t want (loser guys, jobs I’m over qualified for), because I know I’ll get it.
5. Rarely go after what my heart truly desires (a good man, a job that fulfills me) either out of fear of rejection, or belief that I’m not deserving.
6. See rejection and judgement when none actually exists.
7. Push and poke just to see how far I can get.
8. Neglect self care and always put the “other” in front of my own needs.
9. Can be a fucking bitch.
Thankfully I’ve made a lot of headway in these areas when it comes to sex and love, but am still struggling with these character defects in other aspects of my life. I’m confident, though, that as I continue on this path the transformation will happen in throughout my life.
Also, because I believe in practicing gratitude, I need to put it out there that although my current job isn’t my dream job, it certainly doesn’t suck (or even SUKK). Most days, it’s a pretty decent gig. But even in the tough times, I’m still so grateful for this job and for all that it affords me.